Lawyer and academic Kate Seear discusses recent controversies regarding the North Richmond safe injecting room. Council to Homeless Persons CEO Jenny Smith shares details of a new federal report on homelessness. Founders Gabriella Joustra and Catherine Dockrell share details of upcoming space+time crafting sessions. Plus, Anna Smyrk performs some live tunes and chats about her new EP.
- Keep OnLoose Tooth
- Everybody Loves the SunshineRoy Ayers Ubiquity
- Miss ShineyKaiit
- Mwana (feat. Mwanje Tembo, Theresa Mutale Tembo, Sunburnt Soul Choir)Sampa The Great
- In ControlBaker Boy
- We Won't CryArchie Roach featuring Jack Charles
- Baby's ArmsKurt Vile
- New MoonSteve Gunn
- In The WaterGrand Salvo
- 92Low Life
- Give Up On Your HealthTeeth & Tongue
- Fixture PictureAldous Harding
- AlightAnna Smyrk
- The WaitAnna Smyrk
- Falling CloudsDyson Stringer & Cloher
- You're Wanting to go this WayJonnine Standish
About this program
Putting local issues in a global context, including weekly insights into our cities, democracy, rights, culture, energy and environment. All stitched together with a mixtape of music.
Regular guests and segments include: urban planning and history with Assoc/Prof David Nichols; Cam Walker's eco-update; Guardian Australia reporter Benita Kolovos on Victorian state politics; Jeff Sparrow on politics, society, and everything in between; freedom of information correspondent Petra Stock, and live music.
Program theme: Hugh Masekala's Grazing in the Grass
- Subscribe to The Grapevine podcast
- Check out updates, pics and more on our Facebook page.
The podcast intro and outro theme is Soft Illusion and was generously provided by Andras.