Human rights lawyer Roxy Moore from 'Change the Record' joins the show to speak about the continued over-incarceration of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people one year since the Pathways to Justice report was released. Tom Sulston, board member at Digital Rights Watch, explains the proposed laws making it a criminal offence for social media companies to host videos by terrorists on their sites. He also speaks about recent encryption legislation which has led many companies to not trust Australia with their data. Joel Townsend from Victoria Legal Aid speaks about Centrelink’s heavy-handed response to welfare recipients issued with ‘robo-debts’. Also in the studios will be local artist Nothinge, perrforming live on air and chatting about their newest release, The Passage Of The Obscurantist. Plus, Danielle Walker chats about her Melbourne International Comedy Festival show, Myths and Legends.
- MyBrainBleedsLoveBMahatma X
- What Shall I Tell My Children Who Are BlackAngel Bat Dawid
- Snakes BdayThe Snakes
- Forever CopsAusmuteants
- Right SwipeU-Bahn
- UndertowMikal Cronin
- School of DesignTiny Ruins
- Daylight MattersCate Le Bon
- waiting timeya ya choral
- Ancestors (feat. Kee'Ahn)DRMNGNOW
- Hello HappinessChaka Khan
- DaylightWalla C
- Under LegsFair Maiden
- LoveroomFrank Harris and Maria Marquez
- 52 Players of The AFLWEggy
- NobodyMac DeMarco
- Disaster ResponseShifting Sands
- Parallel LinesWax Chattels
- The Patience of a SaintElectronic
- BossLittle Simz
- Diamonds & Sapphires (ft Yumg0d)Racerage
- I'm FineFERLA
- Human, I AmCash Savage and the Last Drinks
About this program
Putting local issues in a global context, including weekly insights into our cities, democracy, rights, culture, energy and environment. All stitched together with a mixtape of music.
Regular guests and segments include: Reading Room with Sally Rippin; urban history with Dr David Nichols; Cam Walker's eco-update and live music.
Program theme: Hugh Masekala's Grazing in the Grass
The podcast intro and outro theme is Soft Illusion and was generously provided by Andras.