David Manne from Refugee Legal talks Asylum Seeker Rights, Cam Walker with an Environment update and Emma Volard in the studio ahead of St Kilda Festival.
- Bayi L'enseLijadu Sisters
- Trick of the LightCivic
- Double SlantsVintage Crop
- Promised LandVanessa Worm
- We Give Thee HonorFloorplan
- Sweet My EarJembaa Groove
- Gold DuckTerry
- Misery and MisfortuneGena Rose Bruce
- How to get out of LoveAlice Phoebe Lou
- LoseLachlan Denton
- FalloutYo La Tengo
- Let It GoKelela
- Leave It All BehindBumpy
- My DesireEmma Volard
- UncoverEmma Volard
- Hello, Alright, You Got That?Cool Sounds
- ChismitenMdou Moctar
About this program
Putting local issues in a global context, including weekly insights into our cities, democracy, rights, culture, energy and environment. All stitched together with a mixtape of music.
Regular guests and segments include: urban planning and history with Assoc/Prof David Nichols; Cam Walker's eco-update; Guardian Australia reporter Benita Kolovos on Victorian state politics; Jeff Sparrow on politics, society, and everything in between; freedom of information correspondent Petra Stock, and live music.
Program theme: Hugh Masekala's Grazing in the Grass
The podcast intro and outro theme is Soft Illusion and was generously provided by Andras.