In their first show back for 2020 Dylan and Kulja are joined by the inimitable Bill Callahan, talking about his upcoming tour, latest album and how he rediscovered his muse. Also, journalist Peter Greste on what the Australian government should be doing to secure the release of academic Kylie Moore-Gilbert from prison in Iran; Cam Walker from Friends of the Earth on how the bushfire crisis has impacted on the environment; Executive Director at Per Capita, Emma Dawson, on the importance of engaging with the working class for progressing social change; and Lindy Edwards discusses her new book Corporate Power in Australia: Do the 1% Rule?
- In Everyone RepeatingAsa Tone
- Where did the night go?Gil Scott Heron Makaya McCraven Reimagining
- The HookUse No Hooks
- For Your PleasureShopping
- Cry Baby - Mikey Young remixJess Ribeiro
- FebruaryCash Savage and The Last Drinks
- DreamsLes Amazones d'Afrique
- Floating LeafKikagaku Moyo
- MadjandemedRipple Effect Band
- Tell Me Why (feat. Sally Dastey)Archie Roach
- (Don't Let the Dragon) Draag OnKing Krule
- Saga of SweetheartAndras
- Metronomic UndergroundStereolab
- Shepherd's WelcomeBill Callahan
- Cold Blooded Old TimesSmog
- Untitled 6Svitlana Nianio & Oleksandr Yurchenko
- Afro Darkness (pAd remix)Alessandro Alessandroni
About this program
Putting local issues in a global context, including weekly insights into our cities, democracy, rights, culture, energy and environment. All stitched together with a mixtape of music.
Regular guests and segments include: Reading Room with Sally Rippin; urban history with Dr David Nichols; Cam Walker's eco-update and live music.
Program theme: Hugh Masekala's Grazing in the Grass
The podcast intro and outro theme is Soft Illusion and was generously provided by Andras.