In her new release Going Home 帰郷, local composer and sound artist Ai Yamamoto unpeels layers of nostalgia on a trip to her hometown Shizumi, in Nara, Japan. Ai chats to Bec about the new work, using music as a diary, and the relationships between sound, place and memory.
- Flying Magic CarpetAi Yamamoto
- Semi Kyushu JapanLawrence English
- Suikinkutsu Taima JapanLawrence English
- Air Conditioning Vent Shibuya JapanLawrence English
- Car Planting MachinesAi Yamamoto
- Ai rememberAi Yamamoto
- ChildhoodAi Yamamoto
- All goleAi Yamamoto
- Girls Day (hinamatsuri)Ai Yamamoto
- Going Home 帰郷Ai Yamamoto
- Afternoon CarafeAlbrecht La'Brooy
- GoldfieldsCat Tyson Hughes
- In A Small ValleyAna Roxanne
- The ReserveBluetung
- Crossing The BarWilson Tanner
- Alone. At ParadiseIKSRE
- Guni Yu-GiDispossessed
- Seagulls In Your MindSuplington
- All Things End, Sometimes in FireYann Novak
About this program
A show about sleep, dreams, nightmares and what happens in your head after dark. Meditations from the edges of consciousness, exploring circadian rhythms, mental health, what keeps us awake and helps us drift. Interviews, field recordings, sound art, creative audio and ambient music to keep you company in the dark.
SleepTalker started as an independent podcast in 2014, and now joins the Triple R grid as a weekly two-hour live show.
Get in touch if you have sleepy sounds, dream recollections, nightmares, sleeping patterns or nighttime stories you want to share on the show.