Canadian artist and educator Alanna Ho shares some entries from her audio dream journal, talks about her creative practice and her alter-egos Missy and mási. In a Skype interview, Bec and Alanna explore subconscious thoughts, fragmentary memories and the slipperiness of trying to remember dreams.
Alanna's dreams have also been played on the Soundscape radio show on Vancouver Co-Operative Radio, which you can listen to here.
- Dennis St, 5amThomas Hardisty
- Good MorningYaffle
- Our DreamsSlumberkitty
- Wake Up DreamingMaxine Funke
- Life In PinkP.P. Rebel
- Dream Ducks AnonymousP.P. Rebel
- DreamsOlivia Bradley-Skill
- Through time unravelled, unravelled yarn, hair, dreams make me itch my uncle’s soulless grey eyes.Little Songs Of The Mutilated
- Antitwilight IIHTRK
- PastUlla Straus
- 畳Ian Hawgood + Stijn Hüwels
- Seven Fixed DreamsViul
- The Girl I Left Behind MeAlison Cotton
- Federation BellsMelquíades
- Ever LongingCat Tyson Hughes
About this program
A show about sleep, dreams, nightmares and what happens in your head after dark. Meditations from the edges of consciousness, exploring circadian rhythms, mental health, what keeps us awake and helps us drift. Interviews, field recordings, sound art, creative audio and ambient music to keep you company in the dark.
SleepTalker started as an independent podcast in 2014, and now joins the Triple R grid as a weekly two-hour live show.
Get in touch if you have sleepy sounds, dream recollections, nightmares, sleeping patterns or nighttime stories you want to share on the show.