The second in a two-part series exploring night shift work. Tonight's episode focuses on the book Night Shifter, co-edited by Martin Kohout and Dan Meththananda, with contributions from Habib William Kherbek and Georgina Voss.
- Dark MatterJozef Van Wissem & Jim Jarmusch
- Concrete VoidSilvia Kastel
- Air MobSilvia Kastel
- About Night Shifts - coping with the side effects and maintaining a work life balanceAQNB Productions
- Night Mode (from Night Shifter)Habib William Kherbek
- KwkabKareem Lotfy
- While A Nation SleepsIndustry On Parade
- Night Shift Daddy (read by Shellie Watkins)Eileen Spinelli
- Night Shift, 1942United States Office of War Information
- Distant harbour noise in a windy night, Hamburg LandungsbrückenPfannkuchn
- Drive By Wire (from Night Shifter)Georgina Voss
- Stretch Deep (feat. Eve Essex)James K
- Rot 2Gregor Schwellenbach
- Gone Too SoonKenneth James Gibson
- BluebirdLast Train To Brooklyn
- Travelling on the S-Bahn at nightdbspin
- The Night TrainGregory Whitehead
- I'll Die One DaySissysocks
- The Fruit of Human BlindnessLisa Lerkenfeldt
- written history, white lightJoseph Sannicandro
- Spring in the Marginal Ice ZoneJana Winderen
- Sea Mist Above The Waves, Dissolving In The Last LightNick Huggins
- A Kind of Nostalgia (Greece)Agapi Zarda
About this program
A show about sleep, dreams, nightmares and what happens in your head after dark. Meditations from the edges of consciousness, exploring circadian rhythms, mental health, what keeps us awake and helps us drift. Interviews, field recordings, sound art, creative audio and ambient music to keep you company in the dark.
SleepTalker started as an independent podcast in 2014, and now joins the Triple R grid as a weekly two-hour live show.
Get in touch if you have sleepy sounds, dream recollections, nightmares, sleeping patterns or nighttime stories you want to share on the show.