Exploring layers of memory, nostalgia, perspective and perception through collected ambiences from Japan.
- Glass ChatteringYoshio Ojima
- Narita Airport train station (field recording)Bec Fary
- Umi No SunatsubuMasahiro Sugaya
- Still SpaceSatoshi Ashikawa
- Miss D.J. Drama EditionThe Super Dimension Fortress Macross Vol. III
- Radio1Eiko Ishibashi
- Audience chatter and applause at Trash Up!! Records showcase in Akihabara, TokyoKoto
- Preset #03 [Nimb #27]Toshimaru Nakamura
- Recording at Ritsurin Koen (栗林公園), TakamatsuBec Fary
- Golden hour in Shinjuku, Tokyo (field recording)Bec Fary
- entropy #7Yui Onodera
- Tasogare: Live In Tokyo (recorded at Komyoji Temple)Sawako + Hofli
- Chigasaki BeachSound Waves From Shonan
- QS 4-Channel RecordSansui
- シンフォニー・オブ・ザ・フォレスト Symphony of the ForestKitaro
- Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden, Tokyo (field recording)Bec Fary
- 無限水 AquaKitaro
- CalligraphyTomoko Sauvage
- Teshima Art Museum (field recording)Bec Fary
- Moonlight Review 50s’The Checkers
- Recording in Shinjuku, TokyoBec Fary
- Recording of Buddhist chantingCanyon Records
- The Bell of Peace, Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park (field recording)Bec Fary
- View From My WindowHiroshi Yoshimura
- Radio2Eiko Ishibashi
About this program
A show about sleep, dreams, nightmares and what happens in your head after dark. Meditations from the edges of consciousness, exploring circadian rhythms, mental health, what keeps us awake and helps us drift. Interviews, field recordings, sound art, creative audio and ambient music to keep you company in the dark.
SleepTalker started as an independent podcast in 2014, and now joins the Triple R grid as a weekly two-hour live show.
Get in touch if you have sleepy sounds, dream recollections, nightmares, sleeping patterns or nighttime stories you want to share on the show.