Exploring field recordings and experimental sound worlds of nipaluna, the area around Hobart, and elsewhere in lutruwita/Tasmania.
Bec talks to sound artist Ashley Bartholomew about his new release 'Sanctuary', the album version of an experimental soundscape project that explores the therapeutic effects of environmental sound, alongside Jay-Dea Lopez's field recordings and music and sound art by Polanyi, Philomath, Sally Ann McIntyre, Sisters Akousmatica and more.
- Surveyors Bay (field recording)Jay-Dea Lopez
- Cave at low-tide, Surveyors Bay (field recording)Jay-Dea Lopez
- All BeingsAshley Bartholomew
- Moment...Ashley Bartholomew
- All MovementAshley Bartholomew
- SanctuaryAshley Bartholomew
- My WishPhilomath
- Waves in the moonliteEarth Vibes
- Waves Are WavesSisters Akousmatica
- Flies, flies, flies (field recording)Jay-Dea Lopez
- The PierJ. Stuart Crawford
- Side One (Mount Wellington/kunanyi LP)Hobart Improv Collective
- a Deaf Cinema for Thylacinus cynocephalusSally Ann McIntyre
- IrisPip Stafford
- Décalage-OreilleJulia Drouhin
- Dawn at Rowallan DamEarth Vibes
About this program
A show about sleep, dreams, nightmares and what happens in your head after dark. Meditations from the edges of consciousness, exploring circadian rhythms, mental health, what keeps us awake and helps us drift. Interviews, field recordings, sound art, creative audio and ambient music to keep you company in the dark.
SleepTalker started as an independent podcast in 2014, and now joins the Triple R grid as a weekly two-hour live show.
Get in touch if you have sleepy sounds, dream recollections, nightmares, sleeping patterns or nighttime stories you want to share on the show.