In the first SleepTalker of 2019, Mary Doumany (harp and vocals) and Miles Brown (theremin) join Bec in-studio for an exclusive improvised performance as The Narcoleptor. Together, they "meld the soundworlds of their iconic instruments to conjur a stream-of-(un)consciousness orgy of swirling dream fragments and microtonal hypnotica."
- Birth of a Star ChildMJ Lallo
- Improvised Hypnotica (recorded at Triple R)The Narcoleptor
- The SorcererMort Garson
- SeanceMort Garson
- Ngontog Gyan (Ornament for Clear Realization) - recorded at Loseling Dratsang of Drepung Monastery, TibetDavid Lewiston
- Atsumori (from The Epic of the Heike)Junko Ueda
- If You Can't Understand This Plaque, How Could An Alien?Andras
- S L E E P (3rd Movement)J.P. Shilo
- BlissPenelope Trappes
About this program
A show about sleep, dreams, nightmares and what happens in your head after dark. Meditations from the edges of consciousness, exploring circadian rhythms, mental health, what keeps us awake and helps us drift. Interviews, field recordings, sound art, creative audio and ambient music to keep you company in the dark.
SleepTalker started as an independent podcast in 2014, and now joins the Triple R grid as a weekly two-hour live show.
Get in touch if you have sleepy sounds, dream recollections, nightmares, sleeping patterns or nighttime stories you want to share on the show.