Ahead of next week's formal return of Primal Screen for 2022, Karl Chapman and Maudie Osborne share and discuss some past, present and future film soundtrack selections. Titles referenced:
LICORICE PIZZA (Paul Thomas Anderson, 2021)
TITANE (Julia Ducournau, 2021)
LAST NIGHT IN SOHO (Edgar Wright, 2021)
THE NORTHMAN (Robert Eggers, 2022)
MAD MAX: FURIOSA (George Miller, TBC)
THREE THOUSAND YEARS OF LONGING (George Miller, TBC)
A CLOCKWORK ORANGE (Stanley Kubrick, 1971)
DRIVE MY CAR (Ryûsuke Hamaguchi, 2022)
CHRISTIANE F. (Uli Edel, 1981)
LOVELAND (Ivan Sen, 2022)
BLADE RUNNER (Ridley Scott, 1982)
NATURE WALKABOUT (1967 Australian TV series)
MY DINNER WITH ANDRE (Louise Malle, 1981)
- July TreeNina Simone
- Doing It To DeathThe Kills
- Downtown (Downtempo)Anya Taylor-Joy
- Title Music from A Clockwork OrangeWendy Carlos
- We’ll Live Through The Long, Long Days, And Through The Long Nights (SAAB 900)Eiko Ishibashi
- Station To Station (Live)David Bowie
- One More Kiss, DearVangelis featuring Don Percival
- Gymnopédie No. 1Erik Satie
About this program
Primal Screen is a show about movies, from the ones on the big screen to the ones you stream. A mix of new release and retrospective film and television reviews and interviews with film practitioners. Presented by Flick Ford with regular guest critics Lisa Kovacevic, Cerise Howard, Will Cox, Emma Westwood and more.
Hosted and produced by Flick Ford.
Podcast editing and social media by Luke Lay.
Subscribe to podcast via iTunes
Download recent podcast episodes directly
The podcast intro and outro theme is Soft Illusion and was generously provided by Andras.