In our first show back for 2022 we have a deep-dive on the subculture of the “Sharpies”. Forming in the late 50’s this subculture was in it’s true heyday in the 60’s- 70’s. Prominent in Melbourne it was Australians homegrown youth subculture. They had their own fashion, own creeds and while there were elements lifted from overseas such as the the mods and the rockers, they were quintessentially Australian.
- Working Man's BoogieLobby Loyde and the Colored Balls
- That's LifeThe Wild Cherries
- The Godfather Part II - Marcia ReligiosaCarmine Coppola, The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra
- Ravel's BoleroFerrante & Teicher
- Rock Me BabyBilly Thorpe and the Aztecs
- Chelsea KidsLa Femme
- Sh La La La LeeTed Mulry Gang
- In the hall of the mountain kingElectric Light Orchestra
- Human BeingLobby Loyd & the Coloured Balls
- That's what Mama SaidColoured Balls
- Loves not good enoughSkyhooks
- Boys Next DoorLa Femme
- Ooh Poo Pah DooBilly Thorpe and the Aztecs
About this program
A penchant for the weird and mysterious? Spooky and unusual? Tune in to Mystifying Melbourne, a show dedicated to exploring the more quirky and oft-overlooked aspects of Melbourne/VIC.