From 1856 - 1910 between Russell and Swanston Streets there was the Bourke Street Wax Works. A sensationalist, alluring yet horrific Wax figurine museum operated by phrenologist's. It was the "it" place to be with crowds constant and attractions ranging from the 'Chamber of Horrors' to sideshow vaudevillian entertainment.
- The BlindGabriels
- Dried PetalsJune Jones
- TrustThe Weather Station
- Argha NoahNightmares on wax
- FacadesPhilip Glass
- Madame Pamita's Theme SongMadame Pamita
- Reverse Déjà VuHTRK
- Magic MachineKid Congo & the Pink Monkey Birds
- Voodoo IdolThe Cramps
- Theme of ''Rome''Danger Mouse & Daniele Luppi
- Devils FairgroundThe Tiger Lillies, BERG Orchestra
- The Waxwork (radio play)Suspense 1956
About this program
A penchant for the weird and mysterious? Spooky and unusual? Tune in to Mystifying Melbourne, a show dedicated to exploring the more quirky and oft-overlooked aspects of Melbourne/VIC.