Singer/songwriter Brooke Taylor chats to Jon about her new single and its launch.
- In DreamsRoy Orbison
- Afraid To SleepRoy Orbison
- Can't Sleep The Clowns Will Eat meAlice Cooper
- 25 Or 6 To 4Chicago
- Closing Your EyesIan Bland - Live
- I'll Be Your Baby TonightBob Dylan
- All My Lovin'Amy Winehouse
- When My EyesAmy Winehouse
- Meant For YouBeach Boys
- Don't Talk (Put Your Head On My Shoulder)Beach Boys
- You've Lost That Lovin' FeelingElvis Presley
- Ready or NotDan Warner - Live
- I Close My Eyes And Think Of YouPaul Kelly
- More Than A FeelingBoston
- Across The Bridge Where Angels DwellVan Morrison
- Your Side Of Our BedBrooke Taylor
- I Still Close My Eyes and See Your FaceBrooke Taylor - Live
About this program
A segment laden, thematically blended hotchpotch of music and talk.
And it all changed over COVID. When no one could come into the studio my contributors got on the phone and recorded stuff at home. And my list of contributors organically grew. Enforced change can be a good thing.
Ian Bland, Kerri Simpson, Davey Lane, Dr Pump, Angie Hart and Emma Heeney, Barb Waters and Craig Pilkington, Charles Jenkins, Dave "The Accordion Monster" Evans and Sarah Carroll report in most weeks. Ian reads his poetry and the others either record tracks at home and/or select music. Apart from Dave who plays his accordion into the phone.
Things will change as we return to normal and everyone can get back into the studio. I look forward to the house band playing live and backing a revolving door of singers. I look forward to irregular guests. And I look forward to seeing most of my regular contributors face to face.