You may know him from his RRR Sunday afternoon segment ‘Warner Corner’. For the fourth year in row Dan Warner nudges JVG aside to present his summer fill show, Ebb Tide. A stickler for research, Dan delves into the histories and meanings of the songs on his playlist. Not too much chat, however, more a stitching together of the tunes of the day.
On-air from 23 December to 27 January
- Ebb TideSanto and Johnny
- Jackie Wilson Said (I'm In Heaven When You Smile)Van Morrison
- Reet Petite (The Sweetest Girl In Town)Jackie Wilson
- Don't You (Forget About Me)Simple Minds
- Brass In PocketThe Pretenders
- You Make Me Feel Like (A Natural Woman)Carole King
- Istanbul Not ConstantinopleThey Might Be Giants
- Crystal Clear (Beer)Beck
- I Ran So Far Away A Flock Of Seagulls
- Istanbul (Not Constantinople)Santo & Johnny
- Get It OnT Rex
- Master BlasterStevie Wonder
- Its Oh So QuietBetty Hutton
- (Theme From) The MonkeesThe Monkees
- Goodnight Matron (Hello Jesus)Maurice Frawley & The Working Class Wingoes
- Sweet DreamsEurythmics
- (I'm) StrandedThe Saints
- Jailanguru Pakarnu (Out From Jail)Warumpi Band
- Tom Traubert's BluesTom Waits
About this program
A segment laden, thematically blended hotchpotch of music and talk.
And it all changed over COVID. When no one could come into the studio my contributors got on the phone and recorded stuff at home. And my list of contributors organically grew. Enforced change can be a good thing.
Ian Bland, Kerri Simpson, Davey Lane, Dr Pump, Angie Hart and Emma Heeney, Barb Waters and Craig Pilkington, Charles Jenkins, Dave "The Accordion Monster" Evans and Sarah Carroll report in most weeks. Ian reads his poetry and the others either record tracks at home and/or select music. Apart from Dave who plays his accordion into the phone.
Things will change as we return to normal and everyone can get back into the studio. I look forward to the house band playing live and backing a revolving door of singers. I look forward to irregular guests. And I look forward to seeing most of my regular contributors face to face.