You may know him from his RRR Sunday afternoon segment ‘Warner Corner’. For the fourth year in row Dan Warner nudges JVG aside to present his summer fill show, Ebb Tide. A stickler for research, Dan delves into the histories and meanings of the songs on his playlist. Not too much chat, however, more a stitching together of the tunes of the day.
On-air from 23 December to 27 January
- Ebb TideSanto & Johnny
- Everybody's Talkin'Harry Nilsson
- Take A Giant StepTaj Mahal
- ChangesDavid Bowie
- Suddenly (Last Summer)The Motels
- Rocky Mountain WayJoe Walsh
- ThrasherNeil Young
- Solsbury Hill Peter Gabriel
- Something in the AirThunderclap Newman
- A Change Is Gonna ComeOtis Redding
- Wide Open RoadThe Triffids
- Why?Annie Lennox
- You're Moving Out TodayCarole Baker Sager
- Orchard RoadLeo Sayer
- If You Leave Me, Can I Come Too?Mental As Anything
- Give Me Another ChanceBig Star
- Deciding To RunRichmond Fontaine
- (Just Like) Starting OverJohn Lennon & Yoko Ono
- After The RainThe Angels
- After The RainChuck Prophet
- Signs Of SpringIan Felice
About this program
A segment laden, thematically blended hotchpotch of music and talk.
And it all changed over COVID. When no one could come into the studio my contributors got on the phone and recorded stuff at home. And my list of contributors organically grew. Enforced change can be a good thing.
Ian Bland, Kerri Simpson, Davey Lane, Dr Pump, Angie Hart and Emma Heeney, Barb Waters and Craig Pilkington, Charles Jenkins, Dave "The Accordion Monster" Evans and Sarah Carroll report in most weeks. Ian reads his poetry and the others either record tracks at home and/or select music. Apart from Dave who plays his accordion into the phone.
Things will change as we return to normal and everyone can get back into the studio. I look forward to the house band playing live and backing a revolving door of singers. I look forward to irregular guests. And I look forward to seeing most of my regular contributors face to face.