- Cattle and CaneThe Go Betweens
- Get RhythmJohnny Cash
- Sarah BelleSarah Blasko
- Girls, Guys, GuitarsYou Am I
- London StillThe Waifs
- Stagger LeeNick Cave & the Bad Seeds
- GloriaPatti Smith
- (I Can't Get No) SatisfactionThe Rolling Stones
- A Little Sugar In My BowlNina Simone
- 10:15 Saturday Night The Cure
- Is This Love?Bob Marley
- You Me Bullets LoveThe Bombay Royale
- One Way OutThe Allwon Brothers Band
- Johnny and JaneTruccato Honeymoon
- Star ParadeSarah Carol
- Pretty SallyDan Warren
- A belated reflection on Bob Dylan's "I Pity the Poor Immigrant" 50 years after the factGod Is Blind
- The Times Are a Changin'Bob Dylan
- From Little Things (Big Things Grow)Archie Roach and Sarah Stoner
- Old ManNeil Young
- Roadhouse BluesThe Doors
- Rock Island LineLeadbelly
- Radar LoveGolden Earring
- MerriThe Orbweavers
- Run With the DogsCash Savage and the Last Drinks
- Travelling in CirclesPear and the Awkward Orchestra
- Ebb TideSantao & Johnny
- The Old Man BluesHarry Howard and The NDE
About this program
A personally biased, segment laden, thematically blended hotchpotch.
With Ian Bland's ‘Bland on Bland', Dan Warner's ‘Warner Corner', Dr Pump's ‘Pumped Full of Shit', Keith Fuller's seasonal ‘Fuller Shit', Pete Ewing's ‘What Are You Doing Ewing?'** and a featured guest every week.
All the recorded music I play is pertinent to the week's theme. My thematic show is a whole lot more interesting that Bob Dylan's radio show because of the feast of segments I present. The segments run like this - At a quarter past twoish you can hear Bland on Bland: Ian Bland recites a somewhat thematically related self-penned poem. See http://ianbland.com.au/category/bland-on-bland/ for Ian's transcripts and more. A bit after half past two it's Full Of Shit. A segment that has morphed. Keith Fuller the original Shitter comes in seasonally to explore the depths of the theme. But most weeks Dr Pump presents Pumped Full of Shit where he talks a bit about the theme and performs a song live, often accompanied by his compter device.
At three o'clockish it's time for Warner Corner: Dan Warner delivers a thematically appropriate ditty accompanied by his in house band - Dave Evans on accordion, Nathan Farrelly on bass, Ed Bates on lap steel and Greg Field on violin. Soon after Warner Corner you'll hear vital local information on JVG News. Included in the news is a sub-segment. Peter Ewing presents What Are You Doing Ewing? In this dubious use of precious airtime Peter tells us what he's been doing.**
A bit after 3.30 or when the whole thematic thing starts to wear a bit thin, in studio guests play live.
**Pete's in America at the moment. Whenever anything that Peter has done is worth reporting - which is seldom - Pete's Melbourne correspondent Georgie Darvidis will drop by and inform us.