- Cattle and CaneThe Go Betweens
- Get RhythmJohnny Cash
- Sarah BelleSarah Blasko
- Girls, Guys, GuitarsYou Am I
- London StillThe Waifs
- Stagger LeeNick Cave & the Bad Seeds
- GloriaPatti Smith
- (I Can't Get No) SatisfactionThe Rolling Stones
- A Little Sugar In My BowlNina Simone
- 10:15 Saturday Night The Cure
- Is This Love?Bob Marley
- You Me Bullets LoveThe Bombay Royale
- One Way OutThe Allwon Brothers Band
- Johnny and JaneTruccato Honeymoon
- Star ParadeSarah Carol
- Pretty SallyDan Warren
- A belated reflection on Bob Dylan's "I Pity the Poor Immigrant" 50 years after the factGod Is Blind
- The Times Are a Changin'Bob Dylan
- From Little Things (Big Things Grow)Archie Roach and Sarah Stoner
- Old ManNeil Young
- Roadhouse BluesThe Doors
- Rock Island LineLeadbelly
- Radar LoveGolden Earring
- MerriThe Orbweavers
- Run With the DogsCash Savage and the Last Drinks
- Travelling in CirclesPear and the Awkward Orchestra
- Ebb TideSantao & Johnny
- The Old Man BluesHarry Howard and The NDE
About this program
A segment laden, thematically blended hotchpotch of music and talk.
And it all changed over COVID. When no one could come into the studio my contributors got on the phone and recorded stuff at home. And my list of contributors organically grew. Enforced change can be a good thing.
Ian Bland, Kerri Simpson, Davey Lane, Dr Pump, Angie Hart and Emma Heeney, Barb Waters and Craig Pilkington, Charles Jenkins, Dave "The Accordion Monster" Evans and Sarah Carroll report in most weeks. Ian reads his poetry and the others either record tracks at home and/or select music. Apart from Dave who plays his accordion into the phone.
Things will change as we return to normal and everyone can get back into the studio. I look forward to the house band playing live and backing a revolving door of singers. I look forward to irregular guests. And I look forward to seeing most of my regular contributors face to face.