Ace Wagstaff and Tai Snaith join us for Art Attack, before Richard runs through another week of events and exhibitions.
- Shake It Like a WolverineTek Tek Ensemble
- Broken Wave (A Blues for Doogie)Yorkston, THorne & Khan
- Burn The WitchRadiohead
- Vi er uendeligEfterklang
- Gauze für ZahBeirut
- Dancing ShoesArchie Roach
- Neil JungTeenage Fanclub
- DesignerAldous Harding
- Why Did You Seperate Me From the Earth?Anohni
- NightfallThe Colorist & Emiliana Torrini
- Art DumpChicks on Speed
- FinaleCome From Away
- Cheer for FateMt St Helens Vietnam Band
- The Butcher's BoyHorace Bones
- INMJack Ladder And The Dreamlanders
- Note to SelfYo La Tengo
- ChaosRyan Sterling
About this program
Visual art, theatre, film and literature. Segments include:
- 'Art Attack' - fortnightly visual arts reviews with Ace Wagstaff and Tai Snaith.
- 'Shoot the Messenger' - fortnightly theatre news & reviews with Fleur Kilpatrick.
- 'Drawn Out' - monthly chat about comic books and graphic novels with Bernard Caleo.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for all interview requests.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Richard Watts has many years experience working in the arts industry, including five years as the Artistic Director of the youth arts organisation Express Media, seven years on the Board of Melbourne Fringe (including three years as Chair), and six years on the Committee of Management at La Mama Theatre, where he currently serves as Chair. Richard has helped program a range of festivals including Next Wave, the National Young Writers' Festival, the Melbourne Queer Film Festival and the Emerging Writers' Festival (which he founded) and he has written for various broadsheets, journals, zines and magazines. Currently he pays the rent by working as the Performing Arts Editor at www.artshub.com.au. In his spare time he watches old Doctor Who episodes.
The podcast intro and outro theme is Soft Illusion and was generously provided by Andras.