Richard's guests this week include: Curator Angela Hesson regarding the Hans and Nora Heysen exhibition at the NGV; Stephanie Lake, creator of Dance Massive's Skeleton Tree; Brian Carr, MAPgroup President as well as one of the coordinators of the 'Beyond the Studio' Exhibition at Castlemaine State Festival; Sam Redway and Tyrell Jones, regarding Bin Laden: The One Man Show; and Iain Sinclair, Director of A View From the Bridge, showing with the Melbourne Theatre Company.
- Shim El YasmineMashroua Leila
- Varieties of ExileBeirut
- I Will Not Wear Your Wedding RingSally Seltmann
- BodyThe Necks
- Strange LightThe Goon Sax
- MineThe Orbweavers
- Distant SkyNick Cave and the Bad Seeds
- The BarrelAldous Harding
- OrangesThe Putbacks
- OliviaThe Native Cats
- TractorLittle Ugly Girls
- Floating in the ForthFrightened Rabbit
- It Must Be LoveMadness
- We Are the FirmStrange Tenants
- ShameThe Hidden Cameras
- Need a FriendEl Vy
About this program
Visual art, theatre, film and literature. Segments include:
- 'Art Attack' - fortnightly visual arts reviews with Ace Wagstaff and Tai Snaith.
- 'Shoot the Messenger' - fortnightly theatre news & reviews with Fleur Kilpatrick.
- 'Drawn Out' - monthly chat about comic books and graphic novels with Bernard Caleo.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for all interview requests.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Richard Watts has many years experience working in the arts industry, including five years as the Artistic Director of the youth arts organisation Express Media, seven years on the Board of Melbourne Fringe (including three years as Chair), and six years on the Committee of Management at La Mama Theatre, where he currently serves as Chair. Richard has helped program a range of festivals including Next Wave, the National Young Writers' Festival, the Melbourne Queer Film Festival and the Emerging Writers' Festival (which he founded) and he has written for various broadsheets, journals, zines and magazines. Currently he pays the rent by working as the Performing Arts Editor at www.artshub.com.au. In his spare time he watches old Doctor Who episodes.
The podcast intro and outro theme is Soft Illusion and was generously provided by Andras.