Richard Watts' wonderful guests this week include Pippa Grandison and David James (who play Bill and Betty Heslop in Muriel's Wedding, the Musical); Senior Curator Lisa Sullivan regarding Geelong Gallery's Sidney Nolan Kelly Series; Kate Disher-Quill whose photographic book Earshot explores the experience of deafness; and, Kevin Summers whose treatment of the life of 1920s Australian silent movie star Snub Pollard is now showing at St Martins.
- The BarrelAldous Harding
- 10 Good Reasons for Modern DrugsThe Twilight Sad
- When I DieBeirut
- Run Run RunVelvet Underground and Nico
- One Trick PoniesKurt Vile
- Saint GeorgeDungen & Woods
- City Looks PrettyCourtney Barnett
- Where It EndsLost Animal
- Sometimes I Forget You've GoneDirty Three
- LimberjackObscura Hail
- Sunday Morning CinemaDan Parsons
- Chicken with Its Head Cut OffThe Magnetic Fields
- Vikken dåSilvana Imam
- Before the Water Gets Too HighParquet Courts
- Shooting Dennis Hopper ShootingThe Twilight Sad
- Tamping itEvelyn Ida Morris
About this program
Visual art, theatre, film and literature. Segments include:
- 'Art Attack' - fortnightly visual arts reviews with Ace Wagstaff and Tai Snaith.
- 'Shoot the Messenger' - fortnightly theatre news & reviews with Fleur Kilpatrick.
- 'Drawn Out' - monthly chat about comic books and graphic novels with Bernard Caleo.
Please email email@example.com for all interview requests.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Richard Watts has many years experience working in the arts industry, including five years as the Artistic Director of the youth arts organisation Express Media, seven years on the Board of Melbourne Fringe (including three years as Chair), and six years on the Committee of Management at La Mama Theatre, where he currently serves as Chair. Richard has helped program a range of festivals including Next Wave, the National Young Writers' Festival, the Melbourne Queer Film Festival and the Emerging Writers' Festival (which he founded) and he has written for various broadsheets, journals, zines and magazines. Currently he pays the rent by working as the Performing Arts Editor at www.artshub.com.au. In his spare time he watches old Doctor Who episodes.
The podcast intro and outro theme is Soft Illusion and was generously provided by Andras.