Inter-Dream is an immersive VR experience that can facilitate relaxation and encourage pre-sleep states. Designed by PluginHUMAN art duo, Dr. Betty Sargeant and Justin Dwyer, the immersive, multi-sensory artwork involves an interactive bed and ambient music controlled by the artists, and visuals controlled by the user with their own brainwaves, via EEG.
PhD candidate with RMIT University’s Exertion Games Lab, Nathan Semertzidis, and Dr. Betty Sargeant join Bec on tonight's SleepTalker to talk about Inter-Dream and the use of play and technology for relaxation, inducing pre-sleep states and general mental wellbeing.
- Tides IVKaitlyn Aurelia Smith
- You Are Not An IslandVanishing Twin
- Soul Boundary36
- Soundtrack to Inter-Dream (interactive artwork designed by PluginHUMAN)Andrew Ogburn
- Little Miss EchoRaymond Scott
- Toy TypewriterRaymond Scott
- QuietudeLaurel Halo
- Reef DeathWilliam Elm
- Shirley to ShirleyFélicia Atkinson
- Sean's LullabyAlbrecht La'Brooy
- Waves in the moonliteEarth Vibes
- We're PassingGarrett D. Tiedemann
- The last time I saw your face or An exercise in forgettingDarcy Baylis
- Sweep The FieldAndrew Bird
About this program
A show about sleep, dreams, nightmares and what happens in your head after dark. Meditations from the edges of consciousness, exploring circadian rhythms, mental health, what keeps us awake and helps us drift. Interviews, field recordings, sound art, creative audio and ambient music to keep you company in the dark.
SleepTalker started as an independent podcast in 2014, and now joins the Triple R grid as a weekly two-hour live show.
Get in touch if you have sleepy sounds, dream recollections, nightmares, sleeping patterns or nighttime stories you want to share on the show.