Carlton is absolutely rich in colourful history with many characters - it’s a hotbed for so many flavorful tales and important milestones in Melbourne's past.
As part of the preserving and honouring of Carlton and its surrounding - North Carlton and Princes Hill past we have the Carlton Community History Group. Founded in 2007 and launched in 2008 they’ve been exploring the abundance of Carlton’s history ever since.
Their aim: Preserve the past and present for the future.
Consolidate the records of the many other people and groups who have worked on our local history in the past.
Identify significant gaps in the records which cover growing up, living and working in the area and information about changes to the mix of social & ethnic groups as well as changes to shops, schools, businesses and houses.
- Mere MortalsE.E Engström & The Twin Street Tree Trunk Love Ensemble
- MisteriosoSestetto Dino Piana & Oscar Valdambrini
- Audrey's danceAngelo Badalamenti
- SolitudeBillie Holiday with Eddie Haywood and his Orchestra
- Breaking up is hard to doNeil Sedaka
- Singin' the BluesBix Beiderbecke, Eddie Lang & Frankie Trumbauer
- NaguineDjango Reinhardt
- Four Flushing Papa (You’ve Got to Play Me Straight)Lillian Goodner
- "heard somebody whistle"JAY-JAY JOHANSON
- You Want It DarkerLeonard Cohen
- Coffee ColdGalt NacDermot
- MathildaCookie & The Cupcakes
- Love & HateMichael Kiwanuka
- I'm Going Home (Remastered)Prince Conley
- Wondrous PlaceBilly Fury
- MahèPiero Umiliani
- St Louis bluesDjango Reinhardt
About this program
A penchant for the weird and mysterious? Spooky and unusual? Tune in to Mystifying Melbourne, a show dedicated to exploring the more quirky and oft-overlooked aspects of Melbourne/VIC.