Alex Watts marks the 20th anniversary of Dr. Dre’s landmark release ‘2001’ and its legacy in big band, soul, and classical music.
By examining the production techniques used, as well as some of the many, many subsequent cover versions, Alex discusses what makes ‘2001’ a classic and what perhaps doesn’t stand up in 2019.
- Forgot About DreSLYSTHAVE
- The WatcherDr Dre
- I Got The...Labi Sifre
- Still D.R.E.Dr. Dre
- California LoveThe Traffic
- What's My NameThe Hot 8 Brass Band
- Let's Get HighDr. Dre
- The EdgeDavid McCallum
- The Next EpisodeDr. Dre
- XplosiveThe Intrepid Travellers
- XxplosiveBacao Rhythm & Steel Band
- Lincoln Hall PotpourriKhruangbin
- The Next EpisodeDr. Dreethoven
- The Next EpisodeString Quartet
- The Next EpisodeVitamin String Quartet
- The Next EpisodeBrassiger Brass Band
- The Next EpisodeBreakdown Brass
- The Next EpisodeSly5thAve
About this program
Live-to-air replays, interviews, specials and program features.