This week the delightful Bernard Caleo and Fleur Kilpatrick drop in for their regular segments. Richard is also joined by: Zoë Croggon regarding her work Olga, showing at the Centre for Contemporary Photography; Dr Kate Just curator of National Anthem at Buxton Contemporary; and comedians Damien Power and Garry Starr chat about their respective shows at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival.
- StrangerJess Ribeiro
- Your LoveArt of Fighting
- Rabbit BloodCalvin Johnson
- When I Was On the MoonCharles Jenkins
- In The ShadeGrand Salvo
- My Painted BoatYorghos Batis
- On the back-seat of my carGoran Bregovic and his Wedding and Funeral Band
- Playground HustleThe Do
- You Had Your Soul With YouThe National
- Sleep EZThe Goon Sax
- Troublemaker Doppelganger Lucy Dacus
- VagabondSteve Gunn
- The Student Becomes The TeacherThe Lemon Twigs
- Time Is On My SideThe Rolling Stones
- Found YouCash Savage And The Last Drinks
About this program
Visual art, theatre, film and literature. Segments include:
- 'Art Attack' - fortnightly visual arts reviews with Ace Wagstaff and Tai Snaith.
- 'Shoot the Messenger' - fortnightly theatre news & reviews with Fleur Kilpatrick.
- 'Drawn Out' - monthly chat about comic books and graphic novels with Bernard Caleo.
Please email email@example.com for all interview requests.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Richard Watts has many years experience working in the arts industry, including five years as the Artistic Director of the youth arts organisation Express Media, seven years on the Board of Melbourne Fringe (including three years as Chair), and six years on the Committee of Management at La Mama Theatre, where he currently serves as Chair. Richard has helped program a range of festivals including Next Wave, the National Young Writers' Festival, the Melbourne Queer Film Festival and the Emerging Writers' Festival (which he founded) and he has written for various broadsheets, journals, zines and magazines. Currently he pays the rent by working as the Performing Arts Editor at www.artshub.com.au. In his spare time he watches old Doctor Who episodes.
The podcast intro and outro theme is Soft Illusion and was generously provided by Andras.