An interview with local artist Casey Jenkins, whose work 'True Colours | True Colors' is on now at Dark Horse Experiment Gallery in West Melbourne. The brain-training, body modification artwork is part science experiment, part durational performance; an exercise in neuroplasticity and adapting perceptions. 'True Colours | True Colors' is developed in collaboration with Dr. Marc Seal of the Murdoch Children's Research Institute.
Bec recorded an interview with Casey (with some input from their child, Otti!) in the exhibition space at Dark Horse Experiment just two days into the daily brain-training exercise. Listen here for a walk through the artwork, some sounds from the colour perception training, and some music and sound art exploring vision, perception and the brain.
- 5.79508202598043...infinite decimals
- Shining Freckles (Guitar By David Spall)Ai Yamamoto
- GoldenrodPavo Pavo
- ExploreGolden Syrup
- Audio from 'True Colours | True Colors'Casey Jenkins
- Multiple DiscoveryImaginary Softwoods
- Tides IIIKaitlyn Aurelia Smith
- Dream Wanderer's TuneDeerhoof
- The TunnelAzimuth
- Vice PartyOther Joe
- Erasing ArchitectureSimon Charles
- Degradation LoopsJasmine Guffond
- Nimb#59Toshimaru Nakamura
- ColourOK EG
- 289.071Lisa Lerkenfeldt
- Sky and Sea Were IndistinguishableAlexandra Spence
- BodyscanAlexandra Spence
About this program
A show about sleep, dreams, nightmares and what happens in your head after dark. Meditations from the edges of consciousness, exploring circadian rhythms, mental health, what keeps us awake and helps us drift. Interviews, field recordings, sound art, creative audio and ambient music to keep you company in the dark.
SleepTalker started as an independent podcast in 2014, and now joins the Triple R grid as a weekly two-hour live show.
Get in touch if you have sleepy sounds, dream recollections, nightmares, sleeping patterns or nighttime stories you want to share on the show.