Zulya Kamalova presents 'What a voice!' An exploration of the human voice in its countless capacities, from highly technical to extremely emotional, from forced to effortless, with a big band or acapella, for money or for fun.
A look at interesting techniques and remarkable singers, both famous and obscure, from Diamanda Galas to Maria Callas; from forest pygmy music of Cameroon to Soviet Army choirs.
- BlackbirdBobby McFerrin
- Tumpa (Earthquake)Yma Sumac
- Midnight TaleThe Bulgarian Voices Angelite
- Old Man RiverPaul Robeson
- Au PortCamille
- Fado do CiúmeAmalia Rodriguez
- Istoria Na Edna LyubovMaria Karafezieva
- Aunty HayaVulgarGrad
- Water BearMal Webb
- From This Moment OnKimba Griffith Septet
- Deliver Me From Mine EnemiesDiamanda Galas
- PucciniMaria Callas
- Tsmindao GhmertoRustavi Choir
- First DayZulya
About this program
Live-to-air replays, interviews, specials and program features.