Justin Cantrell explores the ideas surrounding Kankyo Ongaku: Japanese Ambient, Environmental and New Age Music from 1980 to 1990.
Taking inspiration from the technological boom of the 1980s, a group of composers found backing for projects through government initiatives offering tax breaks for corporations in a return for creative investment. Think... ambient music for perfume, warning systems, housing developers and more...
- Seiko 3Yasuaki Shimizu
- A Dream Sails Out To SeaTakashi Kokubo
- Nemure YoruHideki Matsutake
- BlinkHiroshi Yoshimura
- Variation IIIMasashi Kitamura
- Still SpaceSatoshi Ashikawa
- Glass ChatteringYoshio Ojima
- Lapis LazuliVisible Cloaks, Satsuki Shibano, Yoshio Ojima
- Esplanade (Live)Yoshio Ojima
- The Insane Time KeeperTakashi Kokubo
- SurroundHiroshi Yoshimura
- Beat The WaterYoshiaki Ochi
About this program
Live-to-air replays, interviews, specials and program features.