How did you first connect with Triple R?
I connected through a friend who said I should email Bec. The following script is kinda what happened next:
Bec (being nice) - Sure come into the studio for a chat and bring some of your music
Eva (overthinking the process and failing) - Coolio I'll be there with bells on and I will bring some tunes on my phone
Bec - Well it may be hard to cue up the tracks on radio through your phone....
Insert signs of crickets... insert sigh of embarrassment and the rest is history!
What/when was your first show?
Graveyard shift, June 2017
What's your favourite Triple R story?
My mother listens to every show I present on Triple R, whether it's a graveyard shift or fills for other shows. She usually texts me to say that she is listening. Her text every time is simple: "Will you, will you, will you". These are my mother's version of the lyrics of the Chris Brown song "With you, with you, with you..." It is her favourite song... and one day I may drop it on air for her.
What's your favourite other Triple R program and why?
Local &/or General
The reasons why are simple:
1) I have a crush on Jase's musical taste
2) This is the show that celebrates the music we consume in our pubs
3) It introduces us to the music we should be playing on the decks at our party
4) All while fully encapsulating the hipster ethos of "I knew them before they were famous". This endears me to the show.
What does Triple R mean to you?
Triple R is the radio that is unafraid to give a voice to the people that are unheard.
Triple R will tell you what you want to hear and sometimes what you don't.
Triple R is a crowd of folks that make me laugh while delivering one of the most important services to the Melbourne community.
To put it simply Triple R gives me the warm fuzzies,
The studio door has accidentally shut with you stuck inside. If there was only one CD in there with you what would you want it to be and why?
Destiny's Child No. 1's
Don't judge me! The Destiny's Child No 1's album takes you on a journey moment by moment that would be perfect for being locked in a confined space. A few examples:
- Soldier - for when I try and break down the door
- Independent Women - for when I am trying to hold it together
- Survivor - for when I have to toughen up when I am losing hope
- Lose My Breath - when I start getting all dramatic and start hyperventilating
- Emotion - for when I lose hope and start crying
- Bootylicious - for the moments when I need to cheer myself up