In the studio: Redd Volkaert & Ray Beadle on their tour, Suzannah Espie & Jack O'Dell on Ry Cooder tribute. MickPealing & Nick Charles.
- PRESENTS THE FIRST HOURANNE MCCUE
- Espy Soul St (Album Number One)Dianna Kiss
- Below Sea Level (Bloodline Maintenance)Ben Harper
- I Knew The Day Was Coming (Bloodline Maintenance)Ben Harper
- I Think It's Going To Rain Today (Newman) (In My Life)Judy Collins
- Hell On Wheels (Spellbound)Judy Collins
- Let There Be Love (The Night We Called It A Day)Rebecca Barnard
- Stomping' Ground (take Me To The River - New Orleans)Aaron Neville & Dirty Dozen Brass Band
- Kingdom Come (Tom Verlaine, 1979)Tom Verlaine R.I.P
- Funkwrench BluesRedd Planet
- INTERVIEWREDD VOLKAERT & RAY BEADLE
- Always Late (Lefty Frizzel) - Live In The StudioRedd Volkaert & Ray Beadle
- Send It Back (Live In The Studio)Redd Volakaert & Ray Beadle
- Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying (Live At 301)Ray Beadle
- Dixie Chicken (Dixie Chicken, February 1973)Little Feat
- ON RY COODER TRIBUTESUZANNAH ESPIE & JACK O'DELL
- EXCERPT OF BRIAN'S INTERVIEW FROM 2008 AT THE ZEBRRA RANCHJIM DICKINSON ON WORKING WITH RY COODER
- I Got Mine (Chicken Skin Music, 1976)Ry Cooder
- Mexican Divorce (Bacharach/Hilliard) (Paradise & Lunch, 1974)Ry Cooder
- INTERVIEW ON SONGS FROM THIS CITY ALBUM LAUNCHMICK PEALING & NICK CHARLES
- Love Is A Gift (Live In The Studio)Mick Pealing & Nick Charles
- Heartache In Country (Live In The Studio)Mick Pealing & Nick Charles
About this program
'More old-fashioned than ever before.' John Cooper Clarke 2007
'The older I get, the better I was!' Van Dyke Parks
A music program featuring a weekly special with news, interviews, reviews and regular local and overseas correspondents including Billy Pinnell.
Off The Record won the InPress Writers' Poll for Best Radio Program in Melbourne for 2011 and 2005 and was runner-up for 2006 and 2008!! Off The Record also won the PPCA Award for Excellence In Music Programming at the 2005 National Conference of the Community Broadcasting Association of Australia for a Ry Cooder interview special about his album Chavez Ravine. The program was also a finalist in the category in 2012. A weekly one hour version of the program is broadcast on the satellite network of the CBAA to more than 45 stations across Australia.
Brian is the Founding & Editor of Rhythms Magazine (which he founded in 1992). You can visit the magazine at rhythms.com.au and read about what Brian is up to outside Triple R.
EMAIL BRIAN: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW ORLEANS TOUR - APRIL/MAY:
Each April/May there is an Off The Record trip to the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. What could be better than travelling to the world's best music festival and enjoying music with like-minded people? The 2019 tour to Jazz Fest is BOOKED OUT. If you wish to go on the 2020 tour please email your interest: email@example.com