RRR Employment Opportunity: IT Support Specialist
Triple R overview
For more than 40 years, Triple R has shaped and inspired the culture of Melbourne. Since its inception in 1976, Triple R has become Australia's most influential independent community radio station with almost 15,000 subscribers and an estimated 440,000 listeners per week.
Triple R is a not-for-profit public company registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission. The position will be based at our premises in Brunswick East.
Triple R is seeking an experienced IT practitioner to join our small paid staff. The role is divided between maintaining our back-office IT infrastructure and delivering projects aimed at improving that infrastructure and bringing new services online.
Initially this position will be 3 days a week with the potential for expansion through negotiation for exceptional candidates.
Key selection criteria
1. To be considered for this role, you will have at least 2 years’ experience in an ICT practice within a SME environment. You will be familiar with:
· Debian Linux and its derivatives and will have deployed, documented and maintained systems based on this server platform.
· Configuration and maintenance of layer 2 and 3 networks and supporting hardware.
· Virtual machine platforms and application containerisation.
· SAN and NAS storage systems.
· SQL databases and applications built on and delivered by a LAMP stack.
· Contemporary groupware and other desktop tools on Microsoft and Apple operating systems.
· Enterprise-level backup and restore practices that support business continuity and disaster recovery.
2. You will be a self-starter, with excellent time management and planning skills.
3. You will be an excellent communicator—both verbally and in writing—who can work with a minimum of supervision in a team environment with other technologists.
4. Ideally you will have your own transport and be able to work occasionally outside ordinary hours.
For full salary and work conditions please email email@example.com to request a copy of the full Position Description.
All applicants MUST provide the following in a single PDF document:
· Cover letter
· A statement addressing the key selection criteria, outlined above
· A current CV
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “IT Support Specialist application”. Applications close at 10am, December 18. Late applications will not be accepted.
Short-listed candidates will be required to complete a skills self-assessment as part of their initial interview. A portion of that interview will be devoted to exploring how your skills will intersect with the role.