3RRR Employment Opportunity - Volunteers Coordinator (part time, 3 days per week)
Triple R overview
For almost 40 years Triple R has shaped and inspired the culture of Melbourne. Since its inception in 1976, Triple R has become Australia's most influential independent community radio station with almost 15,000 subscribers and an estimated 440,000+ listeners per week
General role description
Volunteers are the lifeblood of 3RRR so, naturally, volunteer co-ordination is crucial to the overall health of the station. Like any community, RRR volunteers come in all sorts.
While broadcast volunteers are overseen by the station’s programming department, the Volunteers Coordinator is primarily responsible for recruiting, appointing and coordinating Triple R’s off-air volunteer positions. The Volunteers Coordinator works closely with staff from a range of departments to keep up with off-air volunteers, monitor their work and ensure their contentedness within their role and the organisation.
Key selection criteria
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of people and personalities
- Experience working with volunteers
- A demonstrated understanding of the Triple R community
- A demonstrated and exceptionally strong administration or organisational ability
- A demonstrated ability to work with a great deal of autonomy
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, train, supervise and work effectively with volunteers
- Radio broadcasting experience
- Experience within the community broadcasting sector
- Online content skills
To view the full position description please contact Mily Langworth, RRR Administrator via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants MUST provide the following in a single PDF document:
- Cover letter
- A written response to each of the key selection criteria, separate to the cover letter
- A current CV
Please combine all parts of your application into a single PDF document with the filename “Your Name – Volunteer Coordinator Application” and email it to email@example.com
Applications close at 10am, Monday 27th February 2017.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Interviews are anticipated to take place in early March.